11 Aug Digital Convos With Kae Episode 1: Establishing Your Digital Footprint
Hey Hey friends!
I’m so excited to share our Digital Convos Episode 1 with you and it’s all about Establishing Your Digital Footprint.
In our live conversation on Facebook we talked about the 4 core principles you want to consider as you begin your process of digging deep and really leaving a digital imprint online for your business.
So many times I have customers approach us about helping them make the most out of social media but the number one thing they lack before all else is a well-established plan, and today’s conversation gives you the starting point to ironing out your plan and getting the most out of your efforts online.
As promised I also want to include some links to some of the resources that I mentioned in today’s episode. Because I’ve spent the time in the past and the information is still relevant, I felt it would be best to just link to that content instead of spending time recreating it.
So if you have any questions about what we discussed feel free to leave them in the comments and I’ll try to answer them over in my Instagram stories or on my next live broadcast coming up this week.
- Understand your brand and that of your customers – Your brand is all about what you believe in not what you look like, and often times if you don’t establish a brand for yourself, in the beginning, your audience will do 1 of 2 things, either determine it for you or not pay you any attention because they’re confused. To keep both of those things from happening it’s important that you understand who you are, what you believe, and how those beliefs affect the way you make decisions for your content creation so you an ensure you show up in the online world, the way YOU want to be perceived. To learn more about how to establish your brand, CLICK HERE to listen to our podcast interview with Luann Nigara of “A Well Designed Business.”
- Determine what your overall goals are for the content that you’re getting ready to publish – Without a goal you’ll create content that goes nowhere and you’ll assume that your efforts aren’t working. Goals allow us to measure the effectiveness of our content and without it we can very easily get discouraged when we don’t see monetary results from our digital marketing efforts.
- Create a system to support the goals – Systems are essential to any success of any effort and very much so essential to the success you’ll want to create from your online marketing. Without a system, you can get overwhelmed with back and forth and find yourself leaving a lot of money on the table because you don’t have a process to support your goals. Not having a system also creates a bad client experience which is not the first impression you want to make when you’re marketing your business online.
- Choose the Channel that is going to be most appropriate to support your goals – All social platforms are not created equal. The best channel to use for your efforts will be best identified when you can clearly establish a goal and identify your brand and the audience you serve. There’s nothing worse than hopping on a social media platform to find that you would be better served somewhere else, losing time and energy. The channel also helps to identify the type of content you’ll create, which we’ll discuss in the next point.
- Create Content that aligns with your branding and points to your system – Once you’ve identified goals and your brand and the channel that is best suited for your goals, you can then safely create content. Content creation is a long conversation but at least it becomes an easier challenge when you know what you want your content to accomplish.
Once you’ve tackled these takeaways, it’s my belief that you can safely pop in and start to plan to create a strategy to establish, re-establish, or better define your online efforts.
Take a listen to today’s episode and let me know what you think!